Channel 4’s Formula 1 Coverage : Billy Monger joins presenting team
Channel 4 have today officially confirmed their coverage plans for the 2019 Formula One season.
Channel 4 will air highlights of every round plus live coverage of the British Grand Prix.
Steve Jones continues with the team in his role as presenter, with Ben Edwards remaining as lead commentator, and Eddie Jordan, David Coulthard and Mark Webber remaining as analysts, and Lee McKenzie will be back in the paddock at several races throughout the year.
And 19 year old Billy Monger also joins the team.
“I’m delighted to join the Channel 4 F1 team this season working around my own racing calendar. I’ve been watching the F1 coverage on TV since I was little and whilst my goal remains to be racing in one of the cars out on track one day, I am really excited to get broadcasting from the paddock this year.”
Billy, who will be announcing his own 2019 racing plans in the coming weeks, is widely recognised as one of Britain’s brightest racing talents. But his racing dreams appeared to be over when, on 16th April 2017, Billy was critically injured in a high speed collision while racing in the Formula 4 British Championship at Donington Park. The crash left him with life changing injuries resulting in him having both legs amputated.
Despite the severity of his injuries, Billy Whizz, as he is nicknamed, refused to give up on racing. In March 2018 Billy returned to racing in the British F3 Championship in a car specially modified by his race team Carlin and claimed a podium finish on his first race back after his injury. Billy went on to take two pole positions and three podiums on his way to sixth place finish in the championship standings.
Whisper Films have retained the contract to produce Channel 4’s coverage.
All race weekend action will be exclusively live to Sky Sports in 2019.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Viacom to close at least 6 UK satellite channels soon
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- Sky Q – Bundle and equipment details