La Liga UK Rights…lost by Eleven Sports ? moves to Premier and ITV4
Premier Sports has confirmed it has acquired the Pay TV rights to show Spain’s La Liga, weeks after it secured the rights to show a number of international leagues previously covered by Eleven Sports.
Premier Sports will show four games per round / week across Premier Sports 1 and 2 via Sky and Virgin Media. Premier will also broadcast the weekly magazine programs LaLiga World and the LaLiga Show as well as a weekly highlights show featuring all the action from every game.
Free-to-air coverage of La Liga is heading to ITV4 with immediate effect.
Starting on Sunday with Levante v Real Madrid, weekly matches will be shown on ITV4, along with a midweek highlights programme. The best of the action from La Liga, including games involving Spanish footballing giants such as Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, will feature in ITV4’s coverage until the end of the season in May, when this particular deal runs out.
Eleven Sports has remained silent about its service, having lost many sports rights in the last few weeks. It is thought that the inability to secure coverage on any linear pay TV platform (eg Sky or Virgin) may have caused the rights holders to invoke clauses in the contracts. Although they are still saying and advertising they are the Home of La Liga, and will be apparently showing 10 La Liga games a week… Maybe they will still show 10 games a week for the rest of the season, but have sublet the some rights to Premier and ITV to help recover some of the costs of their contract. Maybe this is just for the remainder of this season only, and then the rights return to auction…?
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Sky Channel Number Changes from 1st May 2018 – new channel numbers announced
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required