MBC secures broadcast rights for Formula One for MENA region
The MBC Group has acquired five-year exclusive rights to the FIA Formula One race weekends.
MBC will offer F1 racing free-to-air in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) area. MBC will air all stages of the tournament, including practice sessions, qualifying as well as the Grand Prix race.
Last month, broadcaster BeIn Sports said it did not renew its Formula 1 contract for the Middle East and North Africa rights due to rampant piracy.
“This marks the return of the world’s biggest motorsport event to a free-to-air network in the MENA region, following years of being available on subscription-only networks,” MBC said in a statement.
MBC group of channels are available on Badr satellites at 26 east and Nilesat at 7 West
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Freesat drops a load of music channels