MBC secures broadcast rights for Formula One for MENA region
The MBC Group has acquired five-year exclusive rights to the FIA Formula One race weekends.
MBC will offer F1 racing free-to-air in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) area. MBC will air all stages of the tournament, including practice sessions, qualifying as well as the Grand Prix race.
Last month, broadcaster BeIn Sports said it did not renew its Formula 1 contract for the Middle East and North Africa rights due to rampant piracy.
“This marks the return of the world’s biggest motorsport event to a free-to-air network in the MENA region, following years of being available on subscription-only networks,” MBC said in a statement.
MBC group of channels are available on Badr satellites at 26 east and Nilesat at 7 West
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Sky Sports Mix frequency
- No more Sky Software Updates for Pace TDS850NB, Samsung HDSKY & Amstrad DRX780 Sky+HD digiboxes
- cricfree.tv internet streaming site “suspended” by Police
- Changes to Sky Sports from 1st October 2018
- Travel Channel and DMAX changes on UK satellite
- Freesports to launch in HD on Sky soon