MBC secures broadcast rights for Formula One for MENA region
The MBC Group has acquired five-year exclusive rights to the FIA Formula One race weekends.
MBC will offer F1 racing free-to-air in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) area. MBC will air all stages of the tournament, including practice sessions, qualifying as well as the Grand Prix race.
Last month, broadcaster BeIn Sports said it did not renew its Formula 1 contract for the Middle East and North Africa rights due to rampant piracy.
“This marks the return of the world’s biggest motorsport event to a free-to-air network in the MENA region, following years of being available on subscription-only networks,” MBC said in a statement.
MBC group of channels are available on Badr satellites at 26 east and Nilesat at 7 West
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Is Channel 4 HD returning to Freesat soon?
- HBO cracks down on viewers using VPNs to watch outside the US
- Sky confirms Spanish OTT plans for end of 2017
- UK TV Problems in the UK in 2021
- Rugby League Magic Weekend 2014 – Live Sky TV Coverage
- Emma Raducanu’s US Open final will be shown live on FREE-TO-AIR
- Channel number changes in the Sky TV Guide – August 2014
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box