New UK La Liga rights announcement expected soon
Javier Tebas, the president of La Liga, Spain’s top-flight soccer body, has confirmed a new TV rights deal for the UK and Ireland will be signed before the next round of fixtures, which starts 13th September.
Having failed to agree a long-term media rights deal before the start of the 2019/20 season, the Spanish top-flight reached an agreement with ITV, which saw the commercial broadcaster air one match for the first three rounds of fixtures up to the current international break.
“Before the fourth matchday begins there will be news and will announce where you can watch Spanish football in the UK and Ireland. We’re working on this now,” he said.
The 57-year-old wouldn’t confirm who the broadcaster would be or how long the deal was for, but added: “It will have better access to Spanish football in the UK and Ireland compared to the beginning of last season.”
A free / pay split is expected, with ITV expected to show one live game a week, and a pay TV channel showing others.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV