New UK La Liga rights announcement expected soon
Javier Tebas, the president of La Liga, Spain’s top-flight soccer body, has confirmed a new TV rights deal for the UK and Ireland will be signed before the next round of fixtures, which starts 13th September.
Having failed to agree a long-term media rights deal before the start of the 2019/20 season, the Spanish top-flight reached an agreement with ITV, which saw the commercial broadcaster air one match for the first three rounds of fixtures up to the current international break.
“Before the fourth matchday begins there will be news and will announce where you can watch Spanish football in the UK and Ireland. We’re working on this now,” he said.
The 57-year-old wouldn’t confirm who the broadcaster would be or how long the deal was for, but added: “It will have better access to Spanish football in the UK and Ireland compared to the beginning of last season.”
A free / pay split is expected, with ITV expected to show one live game a week, and a pay TV channel showing others.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!