Sky is promising an entirely new-look search feature for its Sky+ HD boxes.
Set to arrive over the “coming months”, it includes a new suggestions function which will autofill search boxes as you type.
Similar to Google Instant, or TiVo’s method of search, it should rapidly speed up the process of searching for content on users’ Sky+ HD boxes.
Everything from actors to shows and events will be shown as letters are typed into the new search box. It is also possible to locate movies based on actor’s names if, for example, the user can’t remember the exact title of a film.
Results are taken from Sky TV as well as On Demand, so it is possible to find downloadable content straight within search.
Sky customers who have not connected their receiver to the internet will continue to be offered the basic search.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!