BSkyB has signed a five-year deal for the exclusive rights to the entire HBO TV catalogue, which includes top American shows such as Girls and Game of Thrones, in a move that heads off a threat from arch-rival BT to enter the entertainment and film market.
BSkyB has struck early to extend its existing agreement out to 2020 in a deal worth as much as £275m over five years.
Sky TV satellite TV company has moved quickly to secure a wide-ranging two-pronged deal with HBO. HBO revolutionised the TV market by investing in big budget dramas such as The Wire and The Sopranos.
BSkyB airs the HBO catalogue on its heavily-promoted Sky Atlantic channel.
In addition BSkyB has also reached an exclusive agreement to co-fund and co-produce top-end dramas, of the scale of the multi-million pound per episode Game of Thrones, that could run to tens of millions of pounds investment in new shows per year.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!