GB News will launch at 8pm on Sunday 13 June with a special programme entitled “Welcome to GB News”.
The channel has already started broadcasting test content on Freesat channel 216 and Sky channel 515.
On satellite, GB News is only availablein HD only. Those with SD satellite receivers will not be able to watch GB News.
GB News has also unveiled details of its programming and schedule, including its breakfast show line-up.
Andrew Neil, who will present a nightly news programme on the channel containing “Wokewatch” and “Mediawatch” segments, has said it “will not be shouty, angry television” and insisted it will conform to Ofcom rules on impartiality.
There has been a backlash against the channel after reports in The Guardian, Evening Standard and City AM that it will adopt a Fox News style approach, but the channel operators have said that it will be “free, fair, impartial” and “Ofcom regulated”. Ofcom has a requirement that news channels show due impartiality when covering political issues.
The channel plans to air 6,500 hours a year of “original news, opinion and debate”, eschewing rolling news for appointment-to-view programming.
GB News programming:
Andrew Neil: The veteran journalist leads the evening line-up with a primetime news and interview programme
Dewbs & Co: Hosted by former Apprentice winner Michelle Dewberry each weeknight
Tonight Live with Dan Wootton: The ex-Sun showbiz editor hosts five nights a week
Alastair Stewart & Friends: A “warm conversation and analysis of current affairs through the lens of his 45 years’ experience at the sharp end of Britain’s biggest news events”
The Great British Breakfast: Hosted by Nana Akua, Kirsty Gallacher, Rebecca Hutson, Inaya Folarin Iman, Darren McCaffrey and Rosie Wright (all of whom will also work across other programmes)
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- More ITV SD channel frequency changes today
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky