Our previous post mentioned some more Sky channels moving from satellite to satellite. http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2014/02/uk-tv-satellite-changes-channels-swap-satellites/
Channels have been moved from the temporary Astra 1N satellite, and moved to the “old” Astra 2A satellite.
The channels and frequencies affected, that we can make out are:
12071 H – Sky Sports Active 12090 V – National Geographic HD UK, Comedy Central HD UK, Eden HD, Nickelodeon HD, MTV HD UK
12110 H – Sky Sports F1, Sky One +1, Sky Sports 2 Ireland, Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 3, PBS U.K., Fox U.K., Cartoonito, Sky Living, Comedy Central UK
12168 V – Sky Modern Greats HD, Sky Valentine HD, Sky Scifi/Horror HD, Sky Comedy HD, Sky Disney HD
12148 H – Sky Arts 2, Sky Atlantic (ireland), Sky Sports News, Eurosport 2, Sky Sports 4, Fox +1 U.K., Comedy Central Extra
12207 V – Sky Sports 2, Sky News, Sky News Ireland, Sky One Ireland, Pick TV, Sky Two, Pick TV +1
12227 H – Good Food HD, Cartoon Network, Disney Junior HD, Disney Channel HD UK, TCM HD UK
12246 V – Sky Action HD, NatGeo Wild HD, History, Crime HD, TLC HD
12266 H – Sky Box Office 12304 H – Challenge, Challenge +1
12324 V – Film4 HD, SyFy HD UK, More 4 HD
For some channels – like those on frequency 12207 and 12110 you should not notice any changes in reception in my service area (Costa Blanca and Valencia areas). For some extreme fringe reception areas, like the Canaries, you may have noticed you can now receive these channels again. This is because the beam that they are now on, the Astra 2A south beam, has much better reception in your area than the beam they were on, the 1N European beam.
The rest of the channels and frequencies in last nights move may be bad news for some people, especially those with smaller satellite dishes. These channels have moved from the 1N European beam, to the “weaker” Astra 2A north beam. In my service area (Costa Blanca and Valencia areas) the Astra 2A north bam is much harder to receive than the south beam, and requires at least a 1.8m dish.
And that is why some channels have better reception today, and others have worse reception.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- Freesat drops a load of music channels