Sky Q adds split screen for sports
Sky is introducing a set of new features designed to enhance viewing for sports fans.
On selected events, Split Screen Sport is one of the new features being made available to users of the new SkyQ box – with viewers to be able to watch two live streams side-by-side. This will allow customers to watch two streams side by side. For example if a Formula 1 race is taking place at the same time as a key match in the Premier League.
It will be possible to customise streams with Match Choice or Race Choice or select Highlights and watch video clips alongside the main event. Scores and Tables will also be available.
To access the function, customers can press the red button and open the Sky Sports app on Sky Q and choose to customise their streams with Match Choice or Race Choice, or select Highlights and watch video clips alongside the main event.
Upcoming events with the new feature:
Thurs 6 Oct – Tues 11 Oct
World Cup Qualifiers
Split Screen: Live Streams (Match Choice)
Fri 7 Oct – Sun 9 Oct
F1 Japan Grand Prix
Split Screen: Live Streams (Race Choice)
Split Screen: Video Clips
Tues 11 – Fri 14 Oct
Split Screen: Live Streams (Tennis Match Choice)
- Split Screen video clips are editorially chosen, and will focus on key moments in the live event. When watching in Split Screen, audio from the live match or race will mute while the highlight video clip is playing. When customers pause the clip, audio will return to the live action. To watch the clip full screen, press Select on the video again.
- Split Screen functionality is available on Sky Q 2TB and 1TB boxes.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today