Sky Q adds split screen for sports
Sky is introducing a set of new features designed to enhance viewing for sports fans.
On selected events, Split Screen Sport is one of the new features being made available to users of the new SkyQ box – with viewers to be able to watch two live streams side-by-side. This will allow customers to watch two streams side by side. For example if a Formula 1 race is taking place at the same time as a key match in the Premier League.
It will be possible to customise streams with Match Choice or Race Choice or select Highlights and watch video clips alongside the main event. Scores and Tables will also be available.
To access the function, customers can press the red button and open the Sky Sports app on Sky Q and choose to customise their streams with Match Choice or Race Choice, or select Highlights and watch video clips alongside the main event.
Upcoming events with the new feature:
Thurs 6 Oct – Tues 11 Oct
World Cup Qualifiers
Split Screen: Live Streams (Match Choice)
Fri 7 Oct – Sun 9 Oct
F1 Japan Grand Prix
Split Screen: Live Streams (Race Choice)
Split Screen: Video Clips
Tues 11 – Fri 14 Oct
Split Screen: Live Streams (Tennis Match Choice)
- Split Screen video clips are editorially chosen, and will focus on key moments in the live event. When watching in Split Screen, audio from the live match or race will mute while the highlight video clip is playing. When customers pause the clip, audio will return to the live action. To watch the clip full screen, press Select on the video again.
- Split Screen functionality is available on Sky Q 2TB and 1TB boxes.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- Is Channel 4 HD returning to Freesat soon?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- How to add Channel 4 HD to your Arris UHD-X Freesat box
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!