BBC1 shows dominate 2016 TV ratings
The Great British Bake Off and Strictly Come Dancing have helped the BBC dominate 2016’s TV ratings, with 31 of the top 40 programmes so far this year showing on BBC1.
BBC1 is well ahead in this year’s ratings war with ITV thanks to Bake Off, Strictly and Planet Earth II.
It has broadcast 31 of the top 40 most-watched shows so far in 2016, while just nine came from rival ITV.
Bake Off episodes occupied all but one of the top 11 slots once catchup viewing was included, with the final attracting an audience of almost 16 million, making it the most watched programme of the year.
The second episode of Planet Earth II was the only other programme to make it into the top 10, ranking at number eight with more than 13.1 million viewers, and a further four episodes were in the top 40.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- Sky channel changes from 1st September 2021 – goodbye Sky One
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix