BBC1 shows dominate 2016 TV ratings
The Great British Bake Off and Strictly Come Dancing have helped the BBC dominate 2016’s TV ratings, with 31 of the top 40 programmes so far this year showing on BBC1.
BBC1 is well ahead in this year’s ratings war with ITV thanks to Bake Off, Strictly and Planet Earth II.
It has broadcast 31 of the top 40 most-watched shows so far in 2016, while just nine came from rival ITV.
Bake Off episodes occupied all but one of the top 11 slots once catchup viewing was included, with the final attracting an audience of almost 16 million, making it the most watched programme of the year.
The second episode of Planet Earth II was the only other programme to make it into the top 10, ranking at number eight with more than 13.1 million viewers, and a further four episodes were in the top 40.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- ITV HD satellite changes
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels