BBC1 shows dominate 2016 TV ratings
The Great British Bake Off and Strictly Come Dancing have helped the BBC dominate 2016’s TV ratings, with 31 of the top 40 programmes so far this year showing on BBC1.
BBC1 is well ahead in this year’s ratings war with ITV thanks to Bake Off, Strictly and Planet Earth II.
It has broadcast 31 of the top 40 most-watched shows so far in 2016, while just nine came from rival ITV.
Bake Off episodes occupied all but one of the top 11 slots once catchup viewing was included, with the final attracting an audience of almost 16 million, making it the most watched programme of the year.
The second episode of Planet Earth II was the only other programme to make it into the top 10, ranking at number eight with more than 13.1 million viewers, and a further four episodes were in the top 40.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- More ITV channels changing frequencies?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021