Sky and the NFL have agreed a new five-year partnership to broadcast the NFL, the first time the league has joined with an international broadcaster to launch a channel dedicated to the sport.
The agreement marks the 25th anniversary of live NFL coverage on Sky Sports and will see ‘Sky Sports NFL’ launching from Thursday, September 3 ahead of the 2020 season, which kicks off on Thursday, September 10.
The brand new in-season channel will be the round-the-clock home of the NFL on television in the UK and Republic of Ireland from the regular season through to the playoffs, with Super Bowl LV live from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on Sunday, February 7.
The channel will screen a minimum of five games a week including every Thursday Night, Sunday Night and Monday Night Football.
Stephen van Rooyen, Chief Executive Officer, Sky UK & Europe said: “We are proud of our quarter-century partnership with the NFL and are hugely excited about launching a dedicated channel which will be a first for the NFL with an international broadcaster. Sky Sports NFL will allow us to take our customers even closer to the sport.
Since 2007, NFL has run 28 regular season games.
Sky Sports NFL will broadcast on Channel 407, currently home to Sky Sports Action.
- Minimum of five live games each week
- First-pick exclusive game on Sky Sports NFL in the 6pm and 9pm slot every Sunday
- Every Thursday Night, Sunday Night, and Monday Night Football
- NFL RedZone
- Every minute of every playoff game, Pro Bowl, and Super Bowl live
- Flagship programming from NFL Network, including the popular Good Morning Football and Total Access shows
- Award-winning documentaries and other content from NFL Films and NBC Sports
- Brand new weekly shows to review the action and discuss the stories of the league, including original Sky Sports programming
- Increased coverage across Sky Sports News, Digital and Social platforms
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021