Is Freesat TV in Spain as good as Sky TV in Spain?
Freesat digiboxes receive the same “free to air” satellite television channels as a Sky box.
Free to air channels are those channels that do not require a Sky viewing card to watch.
So a Sky box with no viewing card receives the same channels as a Freesat box.
Freesat boxes in Spain use the same satellites and sa,e frequencies for the channels as a Sky box in Spain uses.
There are no seperate Freesat satellites, or special Freesat frequencies that can be used that are any different than a Sky box in Spain uses.
So if you are in Spain, and want UK TV in Spain, then if you are in an area of Spain that requires a 2.4m Portuguese satellite dish for reception of BBC TV for a Sky digibox in Spain, then you will still need a 2.4m Portuguese satellite dish for reception of BBC TV using a Freesat box in Spain.
There are some differences between using a Freesat box in Spain and using a Sky digibox in Spain. Obviously, a Sky box will be able to read and use a Sky card, where are the Freesat box cannot, which is useful for the few “free to view” channels like Sony TV, Motors TV and Viva TV. A Freesat HD PVR is able to record onto its built in hard disk drive, yet to record using the built in hard disk drive on a Sky+ or Sky+HD digibox you need to be a Sky TV subscriber. These differences ar the same whether you are watching UK TV in Spain, UK TV in France, UK TV in Italy or in England.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2020
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Food Network & Travel Channel: new satellite frequencies
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!