Below is an image taken from an SES Astra presentation earlier this month.
It shows the three new UK TV satellites, and their expected launch and operational dates.
The first new UK TV satellite, Astra 2F, is already in operation.
The seconds new satellite, Astra 2E, will not be launched until July 2013, and is expected not to be in operation until September 2013.
And not August, as many expected.
So it looks like BBC ITV C4 channels will not be moving to this new satellite until September 2013.
Until Astra 2E is operational, no-one will know what its reception will be like in Spain. Anyone, including satellite TV installers in Spain, who says they know what Astra 2Es reception will be like in Spain, and the require dish sized to receive Astra 2E, is only speculating. You cannot even use Astra 2Fs reception in Spain as a benchmark, as each satellites reflectors will be different, and thus so will the satellites signal footprint.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!