Worried about losing UK TV satellite signals…think you may need a larger satellite dish – then grab these bargains from a field in the UK!
These giant 60ft radar dishes once stood as a key defence against Nazi invasion of Britain. RAF Stenigot, one of Britain’s last World War II radar posts, was part of the early warning system Chain Home radar network, primed to alert the country of a German onslaught.
But is has now been allowed to fall into disrepair in a farmer’s field in rural Lincolnshire.
These early warning systems used radar waves to detect enemy German planes within 30 miles – allowing British fighters to be scrambled in time to intercept them. In the case of RAF Stenigot the system was used to defend the highly populated and industrially important cities of Sheffield and Nottingham from Nazi attack.www.dailymail.co.uk/news/
article-2448498/ RAF-Stenigot-radar-posts-left-r ust.html
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- More ITV1 SD regions set to close in April 2021
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV HD satellite changes
- ITV1+1 gone from older Sky Digiboxes
- Freesat drops a load of music channels