BT Sport will have a free-to-air version of BT Sport from the next football season, it has been confirmed.
When BT Sports announced they had secured the live broadcast rights for the UK for Champions League and Europa League, they announced that they would be making some matches available free to air.
There had been speculation as to whether BT would licence matches to third-party broadcasters, like ITV, who currently show the free-to-air matches, with Sky broadcasting the rest to Sky Sports subscribers.
BT Sport’s John Petter, head of BT’s consumer division, said : “There’ll be a free-to-air version of BT Sport.”
Further details about the scope of the free-to-air version and when it will launch along with other aspects of its Champions and Europa League coverage have not yet been disclosed by BT.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- Can you watch the 4K Demo channel on the Arris Freesat UHD-X 4K satellite receiver ?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Top Tips for a MAG IPTV Box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- CBS Reality and CBS Action change frequencies.
- Comparing the Arris and Humax Freesat Install processes and speeds
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies