700 hours of coverage on C4 for Rio Paralympics
Channel 4 has outlined its coverage of the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio.
The 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio takes place between 7th and 18th September 2016.
Clare Balding will be joined by the Last Leg’s Adam Hills, F1 presenter Lee McKenzie and former Olympic champion Jonathan Edwards in leading the coverage, with additional disabled presenters such as Breaking Bad actor RJ Mitte, broadcaster Sophie Morgan and former marine commando JJ Chalmers. They will appear alongside presenters from Channel 4’s 2012 coverage including Ade Adepitan and Arthur Williams.
Confirming their coverage to the media yesterday, Channel 4 said almost two-thirds of the on-screen talent working on Channel 4’s Paralympics coverage will be disabled, including all four of the daytime presenters.
The coverage, from the C4 studio in the middle of the Olympic Park will include: both opening and closing ceremonies, nearly 120 hours of live sport on television plus The Last Leg from Rio, and nearly 700 hours of online streaming of sport (including the same coverage that’s on regular TV). Every morning there will be a highlights package of the previous day’s action available on All4.
Opening and closing ceremonies will be live on Channel 4 and simulcast on 4seven, where viewers will find live audio description and signing. Subtitles will be available across all coverage.
The Last Leg, which will be broadcast from Rio throughout the Games will also be repeated on 4seven with audio description and signing shortly after it’s been on Channel 4.
Typical C4 2016 Paralympic Games schedule
6:00am: Paralympics Breakfast Show (available on All4)
1:00pm – 7:00pm Paralympics Today: Live coverage with JJ Chalmers, Sophie Morgan, Ade Adepitan and Arthur Williams. (Channel 4)
7:30pm Highlights with Clare Balding (Channel 4)
8:00pm The Last Leg – live from Rio (Channel 4, repeated on 4seven)
9:00pm-1:00am Paralympics Tonight with Clare Balding (Channel 4)
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.