The 2021 Six Nations takes place between 6 February and 20 March 2021.
The BBC have had live coverage of the Six Nations since its inception.
However, in 2016 it was announced that the BBC had renegotiated its deal and would start to share UK TV coverage of the Six Nations with ITV, for the next six years. Under this deal all England, Ireland and Italy home matches will be live on ITV; all Wales, Scotland and France home matches will be live on BBC: all Wales matches live on S4C.
The current UK TV deal ends with the 2021 Six Nations Championship.
And there are growing concerns that the Six Nations 2021 could be LAST available for free on BBC and ITV as Sky Sports and Amazon eye a UK TV rights bid.
Amazon are keen to increase their sports rights portfolio, with The Autumn Nations Cup already with Amazon Prime, and Sky Sports are keen to add to their rugby coverage after seeing much of their regular autumn series scrapped.
Six Nations chief executive Ben Morel tried to play down any fears fans might have over paying for games in the future.
Asked if this was the last ever round of matches for free, he said: “There’s no reason for that to be the case.
“The 2021 is the Championship that marks the start of a new process for broadcast rights in several of our territories.
“For the United Kingdom and Ireland, conversations will start in the coming weeks, and we will be talking to all of the various broadcasters.
“As is the nature of the industry, we are entering into a new broadcast discussion and we will have to, like any other year, strike the right balance from the needed revenue that is needed to come back into the game.
The 2021 Six Nations TV schedule can be found here : Six Nations Rugby on TV 2021
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Britbox : A new streaming service from the BBC and ITV…but only in the USA
- Confusion About Free UK Television in Spain – Freeview – Freesat – Free to air – Free to view
- The difference between a QUAD LNB and QUATTRO LNB
- 60ft WWII satelite dishes found in field in Lincolnshire.