If you have lost the normal version of Channel 4 on 104 on your Sky box, then it may be possible to still receive Channel 4 ( and E4 and More 4), as long as you have a Sky card.
Although the free “England” version of Channel Four may not be available, it may be possible for you to receive the Irish versions of Cannel Four.
These are encrypted and require a sky card to access.
Channel 4 Ireland is available with a non subscription viewing card.
E4 Ireland and More4 Ireland are available with a Sky subscription card.
How to add the Irish Channel Four to your Sky box.
Go to “Add Channels”
Input the frequency 12480 V 27.5 2/3
A list of some channel will appear, if your dish is big enough to receive them.
Included in this list are the Irish versions of Channel 4, E4 and More4
Navigate to the channels, and press the yellow button placing a “tick” next to the channel.
When done, press select to save the channel..
Rather than access channel 4 via Sky Channel 104, simply press Services, go to Other Channels, and select Channel 4…
And you should not have Channel 4 back.
9th February 2016:
If you were using the “Irish” versions of channel four, then they have moved today to a new frequency on the UK beam, the same beam as the BBC and ITVs…
So if you could not receive English versions of Channel Four, then you will now no longer be able to get the Irish versions either!
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Freesports HD has left Freesat.
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?