BT Sport has made its first move into men’s tennis buying the TV rights to pre-Wimbledon tournaments including Queen’s.
BT Sport will share live coverage of the pre-Wimbledon event with the BBC, which first began screening the event in 1979, in a deal struck with the Lawn Tennis Association.
BT Sport is effectively replacing Eurosport, which previously covered Queen’s alongside the BBC.
BT Sport will also air exclusive coverage of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) Aegon Classic event, which takes place at the Edgbaston Priory Club, Birmingham, next month.
Additionally, BT Sport will also share live coverage with the BBC of the men’s and women’s tournaments at the Aegon International at Devonshire Park in Eastbourne.
The BBC is the host broadcaster of live coverage of Wimbledon, after signing a contract extension until 2017.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released