BT Sport has made its first move into men’s tennis buying the TV rights to pre-Wimbledon tournaments including Queen’s.
BT Sport will share live coverage of the pre-Wimbledon event with the BBC, which first began screening the event in 1979, in a deal struck with the Lawn Tennis Association.
BT Sport is effectively replacing Eurosport, which previously covered Queen’s alongside the BBC.
BT Sport will also air exclusive coverage of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) Aegon Classic event, which takes place at the Edgbaston Priory Club, Birmingham, next month.
Additionally, BT Sport will also share live coverage with the BBC of the men’s and women’s tournaments at the Aegon International at Devonshire Park in Eastbourne.
The BBC is the host broadcaster of live coverage of Wimbledon, after signing a contract extension until 2017.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky