The UKTV group of channels may be changing on satellite soon.
The UTV group operate 10 TV channels on UK TV satellites:
And on satellite TV, via the Astra 2 group of satellites, these channels are only available via a Sky subscription.
According to recent reports, these 10 channels, in standard Definition, have suddenly appeared on frequency 12129 V SR 27500 FEC 2/3 .
So there could be a change from their current frequency of 11817 V SR 27500 FEC 2/3 to 12129 V SR 27500 FEC 2/3.
This is interesting as the new frequency is located on the UK Spot beam, where as their current frequency is on the European beam.
Should these channels change to 12129, which looks highly likely, then this means they will be moving from the easy to receive European beam, to the harder to receive UK beam. This will mean that people in the southern of Spain, like the Costa Del Sol, and Almeria areas, and Portugal, who are paying a sky subscription, may find that they can no longer receive these UKTV channels.
As a rule of thumb, if you can receive BBC TV channels, then you are able to receive the UK beam, and so your viewing of these channels should not be affected.
If you are unable to receive BBC TV channels, then you are unable to receive the UK beam, and so you may lose these group of channels soon. You may need to upgrade to a larger size of satellite dish to enable reception of these channels.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103