5Spike set to close in January 2020
5Spike, the channel operated by Channel 5 owners Viacom, will close down on the 7th January 2020.
Its content will be split across Viacoms other channels, mainly the Paramount Network channel.
The Paramount Channel will relaunch with a new male-skewing schedule of action and reality factual shows.
These changes will also mean a few channel number changes on various platforms.
From Tuesday 7th January, Paramount Network will be on Sky channel 150, Freeview channel 31 and Virgin Media channel 154. No channel number change is anticipated on Freesat.
There will also be a satellite frequency change for Paramount Network. Paramount Network channel will move to Channel 5’s main satellite transponder (10964H), taking over the capacity currently used by the soon to be closed 5Spike and 5Spike+1. Sky boxes and Freesat set top boxes should automatically redirect to the new frequencies on the 7th January 2020. Users of other satellite receivers will need to manually rescan for the Paramount Network on its new frequency.
We're moving! From Tuesday 7th January, Paramount Network will be offering up even more free, quality entertainment over on Sky channel 150, Freeview channel 31 and Virgin Media channel 154. pic.twitter.com/qq5ybRNMdb
— Paramount Network UK (@paramountnetuk) December 14, 2019
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- Sky Box Autostandby Mode: New Eco Mode
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies