5Spike set to close in January 2020
5Spike, the channel operated by Channel 5 owners Viacom, will close down on the 7th January 2020.
Its content will be split across Viacoms other channels, mainly the Paramount Network channel.
The Paramount Channel will relaunch with a new male-skewing schedule of action and reality factual shows.
These changes will also mean a few channel number changes on various platforms.
From Tuesday 7th January, Paramount Network will be on Sky channel 150, Freeview channel 31 and Virgin Media channel 154. No channel number change is anticipated on Freesat.
There will also be a satellite frequency change for Paramount Network. Paramount Network channel will move to Channel 5’s main satellite transponder (10964H), taking over the capacity currently used by the soon to be closed 5Spike and 5Spike+1. Sky boxes and Freesat set top boxes should automatically redirect to the new frequencies on the 7th January 2020. Users of other satellite receivers will need to manually rescan for the Paramount Network on its new frequency.
We're moving! From Tuesday 7th January, Paramount Network will be offering up even more free, quality entertainment over on Sky channel 150, Freeview channel 31 and Virgin Media channel 154. pic.twitter.com/qq5ybRNMdb
— Paramount Network UK (@paramountnetuk) December 14, 2019
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV