Sky UK recently announced that they will be launching a new version of their Sky+HD digibox, which is expected to be available from early September 2013.
The new Sky+HD Digibox, the DRX890W will have built-in / integrated wireless internet connection as standard, and has a “WPS” button to help wifi connection.
Initially the new Sky+HD digibox will become the version offered to new Sky HD subscribers, and to targeted groups of customers who don’t yet have Sky+HD boxes.
So far Sky+HD users have had to connect their box to their router via Ethernet and Ethernet cable, sometimes meaning running cables around rooms to ensure the connection. With the new Sky+HD Wi-Fi-enabled digibox, Sky+HD users will only have to ensure theat their Sky+HD Wi-Fi-enabled digibox is located in an area capable of receiving a Wifi signal.
The new Sky+HD Wi-Fi-enabled digibox will no longer have the RF port (Aerial in and RF1/RF2 Out), which may prove a disappointment for anyone who use a “Sky Magic Eye” RF system to output the pictures to other TVs using coaxial cables.
Reports suggest that there will be two versions of the Sky+HD Wi-Fi-enabled digibox – a 500GB and a 2TB version.
It is unknown when these boxes will be made available to buy in Spain and Europe, and at what price.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Britbox : A new streaming service from the BBC and ITV…but only in the USA
- 60ft WWII satelite dishes found in field in Lincolnshire.
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- Confusion About Free UK Television in Spain – Freeview – Freesat – Free to air – Free to view
- Live FA Cup Football on Spanish TV for free