Even now, there continues to b rumours and scaremongering being spread about the future of UK satellite TV in Spain, and this time some “misinformation” about the official Astra 2E UK Spot Beam Predicted Signal Footprint Map, and the new Astra 2Es reception in Spain.
The official Astra signal footprint map shows SES Astra’s prediction of their new satellites UK beam for users with a 45cm satellite dish and 60cm satellite dish.
As in the past, most of these rumours are from people who sell IPTV / Internet TV / Smart TV. They state as a fact that anyone outside that “60cm satellite dish” contour will not be able to receive ANY signals at all.
This is incorrect. Just because the map does not show data outside that 60cm dish contour, for people using larger satellite dishes, this does not mean that no signals will be available in those areas.
The map shows no data for people in other areas using larger dishes, simply because either Astra do not know themselves, or they simply have decided not to publish that information.
Yes, some areas will be affected more than other areas. Some may find that they can still use smaller 1m, 1.25m, 1.4m and 1.8m satellite dishes in Spain for reception of their UK TV.
Also, the Astra 2E UK Spot Beam Predicted Signal Footprint Map is the exact same maps as the Astra 2F UK Spot Beam Predicted Signal Footprint Map. So whereas some IPTV / Internet TV / Smart TV sellers say no satellite signals will be available in Spain at all, this is contrary to the evidence we have for Astra 2F, which can be received, for example, in the Valencia and Costa Blanca areas on a minimum of 1m satellite dish.
At least if you are in a good satellite signal reception area, then you will be able to watch your favourite BBC1, ITV1 C4 channels in full HD , subscription free, with no buffering, on your nice large HD TV, something which many Internet TV / IPTV systems simply cannot offer at the moment due to internet speed and bandwidth restrictions.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Viacom to close at least 6 UK satellite channels soon
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Pick TV : Free Premier League matches, with some caveats
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!