Motors TV has joined the line-up of Freeview, the terrestrial TV service in the UK.
Motors TV is the first dedicated sports channel broadcasting free-to-air on the Freeview platform since Sky Sports News was pulled in 2010.
Motors TV is on Freeview channel 71, but viewers need a Freeview HD certified box or TV to receive it.
A Freeview HD certified box or TV is required as the Motors TV signal is being broadcast on the same digital multiplex of channels, using a newer codec used for Freeview HD, but also increasingly standard definition channels – which is why a Freeview HD certified device is needed for a standard definition service.
UK Freeview is NOT available in Spain.
Although many of the Freeview channels are available via Freesat, Motors TV via satellite requires a Sky “free to view” viewing card.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- Is Channel 4 HD returning to Freesat soon?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- UK TV Problems in the UK in 2021
- How to add Channel 4 HD to your Arris UHD-X Freesat box
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!