As I posted a few days ago, it is expected that the remaining ITV channels (ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4) that are currently on Astra 1N, will to the Astra 2E’s UK beam in the early hours of Tuesday morning, 11th. February.
This will mean that reception in areas like Spain will change.
And reception of these channels will be the very similar to that of the BBC channels that have recently moved to the same UK spot beam.
That move of the BBC channels to the Astra 2E UK spot beam last week, caused many expats in some areas of Spain to lose these channel on their current satellite dishes. These areas include :
south western areas of Spain – like the Costa del Sol – where it has been reported 3 metre satellite dishes are receiving no signal.
Almeria, which seems to be the area where the signal goes from being receivable to not being receivable – with reports that some 1.8m dishes working fine.
north eastern areas, around Barcelona and Catalunya, which appears to be in a very low signal area.
Areas like the Costas Blanca now seem to have the best reception in Spain, where even some 1m satellite dishes are working fine. This seem to be a payoff for having to have to use 1.8 and 2.4m satellite dishes for the old Astra 2D satellite, which had a signals cold spot in that area for many of the last 15years.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!