Spain’s Marca TV to close down
Spanish sports channel Marca TV is closing down on 1 July, according to vertele.com, as it has become unprofitable for Unidad Editorial to run.
The original intention was to rent it to a major American company, but a recent ruling of the Spanish supreme tribunal has made this solution impossible. Now, the most probable future for the Marca TV signal will be a home shopping channel, probably owned by QVC.
The contract between Unidad Editorial and the channel ends on 30 June and it is unlikely that it will be renewed. Last year Marca TV was on the verge of closing due to lack of finances and was possibly going to be sold to Real Madrid TV, but Unidad Editorial finally decided to bet on the sports channel for one more year. This seems unlikely to happen now, however, as Marca TV has already sold the broadcasting rights of La Liga Adelante to RTVE and the rights to La Liga BBVA to Mediaset.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- 60ft WWII satelite dishes found in field in Lincolnshire.
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- Confusion About Free UK Television in Spain – Freeview – Freesat – Free to air – Free to view
- Live FA Cup Football on Spanish TV for free
- Lost your BBC channels on “BBC SATBACK” using Intelsat 907…BISS code change