Spain is the most expensive country in Europe for watching football on television.
A new survey from Comparaiso.es reveals fans need to pay €51.21 a month to watch the full selection of matches, compared to €49.86 in the UK and €39.90 in Germany.
Online is little different with Spaniards paying €18 per month, second only to the UK, which comes in at a staggering €54.92.
Fans of Real Madrid and Barcelona may fell particularly hard done by. Because the matches are not available on a single channel, those wanting to follow all the matches must effectively pay double.
The problem is not restricted to football. Already Moto GP fans need a Movistar subscription costing a minimum €15. From 2016 the operator will have exclusive rights to Formula 1 – currently shared with Antena 3 – further increasing the cost.
Top 5 Most Expensive Pay-TV Sports Markets
Country – Euros
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels